Monday, January 14, 2013

Jacket Foibles

I'm perfecting my tiny jacket skills. I'm trying to branch out from our standard Etsy items. As with any new project, this one came with a few choice words and quite a bit of stitch-ripping. I am pleased with the outcome of my new found boldness.

I've made a number of these pull-overs. The pattern I have is for a newborn, so it's been tricky enlarging it by 2 and 3 times. I really like this style because it's practical (can be easily taken on and off) but it's different from normal baby-wear. I usually don't like fleece because it's basically like wrapping a kid in plastic, but I feel like jackets are the exception. Don't ask me why.




I actually used a legitimate pattern for this number. The pattern was from the seventies, and therefore wanted me to make this jacket super baggy. After an unintended cut, I ended up making the jacket quite a bit narrower and I'm glad that I did. With stretchy knit this 3T jacket would have been more like a short 5T.
 

Don't you love our shaggy carpet? I was too lazy to drag out a more aesthetically pleasing background.




No comments:

Post a Comment